Wednesday, August 14, 2013

it Happens!!!!

First an update on my BIL James stent procedure he had three weeks back. The stent collapsed and he had to have quadruple bypass heart surgery. This coming Friday it will be two weeks ago they performed the surgery. He came home four days after the procedure and is doing fine in the recovery process. We try to walk with him every day. He has his staples taken out next Tuesday. While his wife works, Sandy has been his chauffeur for the past few days and takes him wherever he would like to go. He jokingly said he might want her to drive him to his weekly card games tomorrow night. She said that would be fine with her if he wanted to go. We will see.

Earlier this week it was time to dump our holding tank (black) and the day before I had replaced the 45deg elbow that attaches to the sewer hose. As Mr. Murphy would have it..... I pulled the lever and walked to the other side of the MH and all of a sudden I heard this gushing sound and then came the smell. Yep, my installation of the elbow failed, due to the volume of the water, the hose detached from the elbow and out came the black water in a gusher. Before I could get around to shutting off the drain valve most of the tank had emptied. Fortunately the end of the elbow being below the wet bay floor none of the unpleasantries entered the wet bay. What a mess though......took about an hour to clean and decontaminate the area around the MH.


Yesterday while Sandy was in Longview with her brother, we had quite a storm come up with very high straight line winds (40-50mph category). Then came a pretty nice shower. We haven't had measurable rain for about three weeks and we were so thankful for the rain. The wind not so much as we have a nearly dead sweet gum-ball tree behind the motorhome and unbeknown to me until I went outside about a third of this tree was lying across our driveway about 25 yards from the back of the MH and RV port. As you can see we have quite a mess to cleanup when we get the Kubota back.


Couple of nights ago Sandy went to get some plates out of the pantry of the dry bar and found what appeared to be thousands of ants crawling all over the bottom shelf. We put two Terro Liquid Ant Bait capsules out and finally this morning most of the ants were gone. We hope back to their bed where this stuff is touted to kill the bed.

This afternoon we drove over to the Texas DPS Drivers License Division to renew my drivers license. When I got there both stations were busy with people renewing their license. When it was my turn the lady asked me had I filled out the renewable form. What form I asked she replied that one over there pointing behind me. Not a sign anywhere informing you had to fill out a form or you would think she could have verbally inform me of this while waiting in line. So.....after standing in line all that time I now lose my turn and go fill out the form. After I finished I got back in line (four people now ahead of me) and finally my turn. I did everything she asked without a problem one. Then came the eye test which I failed. She got my money and now I have to visit an eye doctor to get glasses that will improve my distance vision and go back within 90 says for another vision test. Hope I pass as I'm not ready to give up my independence just yet. Even though I don't drive that much anymore it's nice to hop in the Jeep and go to a local cafe or hardware store.

Yes....... we have a lot to be thankful for!

Until next time. . . .MtnAire Travlers.

1 comment:

  1. That is one thing I always worry about...the eye test. So far my distant vision is OK but I know one day I will have to have glasses and I don't want that on my license. I am glad that you are both safe. Tell your BIL that we all hope he recovers quickly.
    We have been in the mountains for the last 3 months so we missed all the HOT weather there in Texas. We will be back in September.