BLOG SUPPORTERS

Monday, December 15, 2008

Only In Texas






My how the weather has changed. Yesterday we were in the 70's having to run the Ac and our small fan. Today it's in the upper 30's and we can get some freezing precep tonight. Whats that old saying..........If you think the weather is nice wait till tomorrow. Or, something like that.





This photo kinda sums it up when you live in Texas.

















We had a stranger visit us yesterday at our front door. I was outside doing some chores and I felt something behind me and low and behold this guy showed up and stayed most of the day.

I believe he is a Blue Healer like George Strait's Dog. He was like a shadow...... everywhere I went he followed. I asked Sandy if we could keep him as we needed a good motor home dog. She said we didn't need such a big dog, particularly one in the home on wheels. He proceeded to run off the cat (our mouse catcher) and found something in the woods to our east that really had his attention. He would bark and the hair stood straight up on his back. Never could see what he was so interested in. We have seen deer, coons, armadillos and other critters in the woods but never found out what had him so excited. He did not have a collar so we didn't know if he was a runaway or drop off.
Sandy went to her Mom's that evening to do her meds and dinner. He followed her to the Jeep and that was the last time we saw him. I kinda expected to see him this morning but he wasn't here. Hope he found his home as it is very cold here now.


Sandy took her Mom to the eye doctor and visit her sister in Longview today. I stayed home due to a cold and decided to post some more on the blog. As you can tell I don't have a handle on this yet. Actually this is my second posting of "Only In Texas"....... I did not save my first posting.


I took this photo the other night of our full moon. It didn't turn out to well but the picture is quite interesting. I have named it "lighting from the moon". Actually its my flash bouncing off the MH windshield.



Well I hope I haven't bored you to much today. As you can see I've learned to post my photos at different locations on the blog.
till next time.......................... MtnAire Travlers


PS Just got a call from Sandy and she's on her way home and guess what we're having chili dogs tonight. Just the right meal for such a cold day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Weldon and Sandy,

    This is awesome! Good way to keep in touch. I like the picture of the two of you! You both look so happy, must be nice to be retired and get to travel!!! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Weldon...you need to work on your picture taking but your journal is really good! Keep it up Sherri and I are reading it and now we know what you two are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty unique picture. LOL

    I love Sandy's new table!

    You are doing great with your blog. Keep up the good work.

    Hugs and hope to see you guys real soon.

    Dortha

    ReplyDelete