Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yes... When Things Go Wrong They Do Run In Threes

In my May 4th Journal, I reported two problems we experienced Canton weekend, our Tv and Refrigerator going kaput. I also wondered if bad things run in threes.....well guess what they do.

We left Canton for Camping World in Fort Worth on Monday May 4th and drove to RV Ranch RV Park off I-35 West (about 9 miles south of Camping World). We checked in and was assigned to site 30 which was in the old section and wasn't all that bad. Clear view of the south for our satellite and was shady as well. We drove to Bank of America in Burleson. Afterwards we had lunch and returned to the home on wheels. We checked in with Ken at Camping World to verify that all was still on schedule for the replacement of our refrigerator on Wednesday May 6th at 9:30 am. He advised it was a go and if we wanted to we could come in Tuesday afternoon May 6th and spend the night in their small Rv park behind their facility (electric and water only). We quickly accepted his offer as it would put us there the day before and we would not have to face morning north bound traffic.
We checked in on Tuesday afternoon and all was still a go for the next day. We were up early Wednesday and in front of the bays by 9:15 am. The tech meet us at 9:30 and invited us to their waiting room while he exchanged the refrigerators out. Our service guy Ken came into the waiting room about an hour later and informed us they got the old refrigerator out but was going to have to remove our door in order to get the new one in the coach and it would costs $30 more in labor. What else could we do except to accept the additional cost. About 45 minutes later Ken came back and said they could not get our door panels off and would have to use our old doors. We advised that was not acceptable at all and they need to come up with a solution. Sandy quickly said let me call Cade at Coachlight in Missouri (where we purchased our home) and I bet he can tell us what to do. About that time the tech came back in and said they were able to get the panels off the old doors. About 1pm Ken came in and said they were through and to come to the service desk in about ten minutes to settle up. After paying we drove the home back to our site there at Camping World as we wanted to spend one night to make sure all was well.

We called our friends Mark and Dortha to tell them we were done and they invited us to their home. Upon arrival at their RV their Grandson Andrew wanted to take me for a ride on his Kobota diesel four wheel drive ATV. Off we went and what a blast we had running through mud, water, uphills, down hills, and through the woods. Thanks Andrew for the ride. We visited and then piled in Mark's Jeep and went to dinner at the Mexican Inn and had an excellent meal.

When we got back to the home the freezer was very cold but the bottom wasn't below 60 degs ....bummer what's happening is this possibly number three that has raised its ugly head. We both looked at each other and agreed to not panic but go to bed and check it Thursday morning. Sandy was up first thing that morning and I heard the click of the handle and then.......oh nooooooooo its still not cold.
So we both got dressed and went to eat breakfast and returned to the service desk at 8am sharp where we explained to Martha it was not cooling. She told us to pull it around to the service bay again and they would check it out. While waiting on the service tech Martha came out and said they were going to have to replace it with another one as Dometic said there was a blockage and it would never cool. They had another one in the Dallas warehouse and it would be there between 1-2 pm. So back to our site where we waited and waited. We called Mark and Dortha and brought them up to date on our blight. I finally had all I could stand and called where they explained the new unit was on its way and to go ahead a drive in front of bay one where they would be removing the refrigerator while waiting on the second one to arrive.

To put a end to this they finally got the second one in and the tech told us he felt good about this one and to go ahead and park back in our site and let it run. Well it did cool and everything was good again at the Roffe's house.

We went to bed that night and awoke Friday morning and everything was still in good working order. We checked in with Mark and Dortha and they came over a little before noon to visit and take a look at the new refrigerator.

While at our home our good friend Mark became Sandy's hero. Our swivel cable on the front passenger chair has been broken for many months . I don't have good enough vision to see what to do and Mark said he would be happy to fix it. The project turned out to be longer than Sandy expected but Mark stayed the course and got r' done. Thanks Mark for being our friend and my handy repair man. We then left for a good Chinese buffet and had a excellent meal together. We said our "see ya's" to as they returned to their home to sit Cadden for Scott and Jennifer. Thank you both for sharing your friendship and the good time spent together. Before settling in for the night I want to share the following sunset we experienced Friday evening.

This photo was the most interesting.

We were up early Saturday morning and headed back to Lone Star where we arrived just about noon. After parking the home and setting up I was off to mow the three acres here at base and finished about 4pm. We had threaten rain all evening but nothing fell to the ground.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day so Happy Mother's day to all and especially to my dear wife Sandy, my Mom and Mother-in Law Alice.

Until next time..........MtnAire Travlers

PS Camping World did not charge the $30 door removable fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment