BLOG SUPPORTERS

Thursday, February 16, 2012

3G And A Trip To Barksdale AFB

We made a trip into Longview for the usual things like to Walmart for groceries, Best Buy for printer ink, Hayes RV for fluorescent bulbs, and Chick-fil-a for lunch. I also had an appointment for blood work at the Regional VA clinic.

They check my PT-INR blood level to make sure its within the desired range as I'm on Warfarin which thins my blood to avoid clots. The most common INR target range for someone on Warfarin is somewhere between 2.0 and 4.0. As long as mine falls in the 2.0-2.5 they are happy. Will know my results tomorrow as they have to send it off to the lab at VA Shreveport.

When we returned from Longview we unloaded our groceries and Sandy took off to her Mom's where she fixes her evening meals and makes sure she takes her medicine. While Sandy was gone I was playing with my IPhone 4 and happened to notice that our signal strength had gone from E (Edge) which is a snails pace for a cellular signal to 3G.

Wow!!! What a surprise we've been in the dark ages for so long that I couldn't believe it. I quickly called Sandy an told her the great news. We've been waiting for this upgrade for over a year. AT&T had promised us it was coming but couldn't tell us when. Thank you AT&T now bring on 4G.

image

My BIL Mike called and wanted to know if Sandy and I wanted to go with them to Barksdale AFB, home of the B-52 Strategic bomber in Shreveport tomorrow. They have a Eight Air Force Museum there  that we will walk through.  They have vintage aircraft like the B-17 and B-24 bombers of World War II; along with the P-51 Mustang and SR-71 Blackbird. You can also see the B-52D and B-52G Stratofortress plus many more static aircraft in their Airpark. Will post more information and photos of our visit in a later post.

Until next time. . . .MtnAire Travlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment