Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Catching Up

Sunday February 14,2010

021410-NASCAR-Daytona500-Inside-JW_20100214213555_0_0 Other than celebrating Valentine’s Day we didn’t do a whole lot. Watched the Daytona 500 with my driver Dale Jr coming in second was a little disappointing but Jamie McMurray’s win is alright with me. I was happy for him. He deserved it. He had been  been through a lot with him losing his former ride with Roush Fenway Racing.

Hummm…I wonder if perhaps Dale held back since this was his Dad’s and former racing team owners car. We’ll never know but considering everything the two hour delays for repairing the track and the new rules put in effect it turned out to be a pretty exciting race.

Monday February 15, 2010

Blue Flame We were up at 6am and ate breakfast at Arnold’s with BIL James. The special for that morning was two eggs, two bacon and two toast for $2.75 ea. Don’t believe you can eat at home that cheap. The wind came howling out of the north all day with gusts up to 40mph. Helped BIL James install a Blue Flame propane wall heater in one of his buildings. I accused him of making this his dog or getaway house as the next thing he wants to add is a TV. Heck… I just might want to join him over there myself some time when I get in the doghouse with Sandy. hehehe.
Because of the high wind spent most of that afternoon inside working on books, computer and blog reading.

Tuesday February 16, 

image The north winds were still raging. Perhaps we are having early “Roar Like A Lion” winds of March in late February? Today was dump the holding tanks day. Sandy hooked the blue boy to the Bad Boy battery powered 4X4 ATV and drove over to the side of the motor home where we drained the black holding tank into the blue boy and than dumped it. The gray water was next and it took two trips with the blue boy.
We had lunch at The Wild Flower in Hugh Springs with BIL James and his sidekick Wendell. Chicken fried steak, turnip greens, red beans and jalapeño corn bread was the the main buffet. Yummm!

This brings us to today
Wednesday February 17, 2010

We were up early and joined BIL James for breakfast at Arnold’s one egg, two beacon and one toast $1.75 ea. Now that's not bad. The winds have subsided and the sun is bright and warm. Our high today is going to be 53F. lazboy Spent the morning cleaning the leather furniture in the motor home. We use a kit that was provided when we purchased our La-Z-Boy chair two years ago. Its called Stainsafe leather protection program. It consist of a leather soft cleaner and leather protection cream. Did a pretty good job on all the chairs and sofa.
Sandy took her mom to Hugh Springs to get her hair cut and do some laundry at her mom’s when they got back. I stayed back and started the process of getting the home ready for travel this Friday. While helping BIL James install the Blue Flame heater I noticed a Porter-Cable pancake air compressor settingPC Pancke AC behind some boxes. It looked new and I naturally inquired about it since it was something I have been wanting to buy to air up the motor home tires. He said he picked it up at a pawn shop for $100.00 and it was particularly brand new. I asked him if he was interested in selling it and for how much. He said he would make me a “BIL” deal I couldn’t refuse. Still waiting on the deal but in the mean time I am using it now instead of the huge Craftsman vertical upright compressor that I’ve been using. In the morning I go in to VA to have blood work done. I have now been on Coumadin for a month and it's time to check the PT/INR of my blood. The PT/INR test checks to see how fast your blood clots. My healthcare provider has decided that  my PT/INR numbers need to be somewhere between 2 and 3. Last checked it was a 1.7.

Until next time….MtnAire Travlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment