Friday, April 9, 2010

Travel Day Back To Lone Star

Sandy and I were up before 7am as we had a few make ready chores to do before heading back to base. We had about an hour to kill as we did not want to drive I-20 through Ft Worth and Dallas during their rush hour. So, we decided to eat breakfast at the Whataburger about a mile down from the Cowtown RV Park. After eating we returned to the MH and finished the last minute make ready to travel chores.

image We pulled out of the park at 9:10 am and headed east toward the Ft Worth/ Dallas metroplex. The rush hour traffic had thinned out as Mark said it would and we flew through this metroplex without incident or delays. Oh, we did have one incident where an 18 wheeler pulled over in front of us nearly hitting a four wheeler causing him to swirl over in the lane to our right. I mean all this happened within 25 yards in front of us. No one was hit but it was a close call. Thank you Lord!  At the Valero at exit 567 we stopped and filled up the MH . We were able to purchase diesel at $2.87 a gallon. Everyone else we saw were $2.99 - $3.06 per gallon.

Our Garmin, Ms Gappy kept telling us to take I-30 instead  of I-20 for some reason. I can not tell you how many times the old girl kept saying “re-calculating”.


The drive down I-20 was just beautiful with everything turning green.  I feel spring time is the best time to travel. The weather could not have been more perfect.

image We arrived at base about 12:40 pm and had the MH setup and ready for our stay till the end of the month. After the outside jobs were completed I jumped on the lawn mower and mowed the three acres finishing up around 5:45 pm. With Sandy’s help we cleaned the bugs off the front and the windshield prior to installing the windshield screen. Speaking of window screens we are hoping to have new ones installed by Doug and Cathy with RV SunShade Company sometime toward the end of next week. Our current screen is white and in horrible shape.

Tomorrow we start applying the Klasse wax treatment to the MH and will do a little at a time till finished. At my speed now this may take a week or longer as I just don’t do things like I use to. LOL

Until next time MtnAire Travlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment