BLOG SUPPORTERS

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just A Great First Monday Week

Our weather for the past five days as been great. Crisp cold mornings with the days being in the mid to low 80’s. Our high today is expected to be in the low 70’s. Our crowds have been just what you expect for this time of the year. The aisles and parking were loaded with people and automobiles. All of the major restaurants had lines of people waiting to get in to eat. I have no idea how large the crowds were. We had one couple tell us they were having to stay at a hotel in Tyler as all the rooms in this immediate area were booked. This is not that unusual for this time of the year. Tyler is 38 miles east of Canton. All RV spots were full before Thursday.

The best of all is they came with money in hand and purchased. I would say all of us vendors will go home with smiles on our face and looking forward to the November First Monday show as it to usually is a good one too. When in line this morning to pay our booth rent for next month I over heard one vendor say… “We are so blessed". Yes, I would say we are blessed and very thankful for what the good Lord sends our way. Not only has it been a great weekend for us, it so happens I turned 74 yesterday and that in itself is a blessing. It’s better than the other alternative.

Until next time….MtnAire Travlers.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day and wishing you many more. Reading your blog brings back so many memories of my visits to Canton and living in Tyler, Nacogdoches and Kilgore growing up (father in the oil business). Happy to hear sales are increasing and hopefully will continue through to December. What a wonderful life you two have! Sending you wishes for continued success from beautiful Fayetteville, AR (home of the Razorbacks who are going to beat Texas A&M on October 9th :)! I am a U of A graduate who took her time to root for the Hogs since my heart belongs to Texas even though my feet are planted firmly in Arkansas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!Great news that the First Monday crowds showed up and spent money. I enjoy reading your blog for you bring back memories of my many trips to Canton, TX. I understand that Canton has tripled in size from back when I visited in the 70's. I spent the better part of my childhood in Kilgore and Tyler since my father was in the oil business. I love East Texas including the nice community feel and the beautiful trees. You two have a wonderful life and I really enjoy reading your blog.

    Wishing you the best from beautiful Fayetteville, AR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, HAPPY late BIRTHDAY. Lmost drove to Canton but decided it might be too busy for me. We live in Rockwall not too far away. Friends went and said the place was packed. Perfect weather for it.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Happiness keeps you young thats for sure...

    ReplyDelete