My family has asked that I post a photo of my recent nose surgery. As you can see the swelling is still there but the bruising is about gone. You barley can see the stitches on each nostril.
The rain for now has moved out from Northeast Texas but the weatherman says it will turn back again to the west. In driving into Longview this morning you certainly could see evidence of the rain we’ve had for the past five days. Both the Big and Little Cypress creeks were way out of their banks and you could see standing water in all the fields. In fact the level of the creeks were the highest we have seen in the nine years we’ve been coming to this area.
I purchased this battery minder from VDC Electronics for my chassis batteries. According to the information I can leave it connected to these batteries 24/7 and it will maintain there charge without burning them up.
Here are the specifications:
BatteryMINDer® Model 12248
DETAILED SPECIFICATIONS - VDC Model No. 12248
14.1V / 14.4V / 14.6V---2/4/8A MCU controlled H.F. Battery Charger
Input Voltage: 90-140 Vac
Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Unloaded input current: 80 mAac
Input Current consumption at 120Vac input, output 13V 8A loading (UL1236) Approx: 2Aac
- Safely charges 70% - 200% faster than any/all known conventional constant voltage chargers. Guaranteed 100% full charge to ALL TYPE / SIZE / BRAND 12-Volt batteries, without ever overcharging them.
- Maximizes cycle life and performance of all three (3) types* of lead-acid storage batteries, regardless of size / type / brand.
- Push button selectable type and charge rates for all size / type / brands of 12- Volt batteries, including flooded (filler caps), sealed Absorb Glass Mat (AGM), Gel, Interstate, Exide & Optima branded “spiral-cell” constructed “dry” batteries.
- 3 Stage (constant current bulk- constant voltage absorption-pulse width modulated float) ensures 100% full charge capacity of all battery types.
- Full Time random sweep desulfation**.Desulphates faster and more effectively than any known charger or stand-alone desulfator-conditioner.
- Spark-proof, short circuit, reverse polarity and over-temperature protected.
- Automatically detects defective batteries and rejects them.
- Polarity reversal-Error indicator.
- Auto-reset thermal breaker (protects both battery and charger under abnormal conditions such as a shorted cell and /or excessively high ambient temperatures)
- Manual override for maintenance- desulfation only long term storage mode.
- Rejects a damaged or open cell (shorted) battery.
- Watertight enclosure with conformal-coated protected circuitry.
- Extremely light weight (2 lbs.) – compact size- 5.5” x 5.5” x 2.25”.
- Portable or OnBoard mountable.
- Built-in battery condition indicators: detect and display charge level modes, charge retention and existence of sulfation.
- Automatic temperature compensation w/ optional battery temperature sensor. Sensor can be used to detect and adjust charger’s output voltage depending on temperature, extending battery life and performance by more than 100%***.
- 1 year 100% Money back Guarantee plus 5 year “no hassle” warranty.
We, the manufacturer, also guarantee model 12248 will significantly increase your battery’s life well beyond any known battery charger currently on the market. If for any reason you do not find this to be true we will, up to one year after date of purchase, refund 100% of your money, including any taxes or shipping costs ****.
* Flooded (filler caps), maintenance-free sealed AGM and Gel.
** U.S. Patented
*** When compared to non “at the battery” temperature compensated chargers or ambient sensing types
Until next time….MtnAire Travlers.