BLOG SUPPORTERS

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Shocker!!!

We met my sister at her home and left for the funeral home to look into the costs of a pre-arrangement burial policy for our mom. Before going to their office we went to the family burial plot where my dad is buried. We will bury mom next to him when the good Lord calls her home.

Friends let me tell you if you don't already know, the cost of funerals today are down right outrageous. It will give you a nose bleed. A smart person would have the foresight to purchase a burial plan long ago to lock in a cheaper rate. Being young you just don't think of things like this until you get old…… “Who me that's a long way off who needs it”.

Well after our experience today if you don't have one you better act now as the rates won't go down. My moms burial plan today which is a basic plan is more than four times the  cost in 1974 when we buried dad. Of course we are in Houston TX and I’m sure that’s some of the reason for such costs.

image

 

Until next time. . . .MtnAire Travlers.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. We had a pre-paid plan for Dad and I was sure happy we did but it did not pay for the open and closier for the grave. Nor did it pay for the vault. Those things you don't normally get in pre-paid policies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the idea is to try and give a guy a heart attack looking at those prices so they get another customer!!

    ReplyDelete