BLOG SUPPORTERS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

VA, Canton 1st Monday and Sandy's Job Updates


Sandy got home from her job last Friday, July 24th around 7pm. I had the motor home ready to leave for our monthly trek to Canton. We arrived around 9pm. Set the motor home up and ate a late dinner. That weekend we set up our booth as Sandy was driving to her mothers Sunday nite as she had to go to work Monday morning at 6am. Sandy returned to Canton Tuesday evening the 28th as we had to get up at 5am to drive to VA Shreveport for my surgeons appointment for my basal cells on my nose. We arrived at 8;30am and checked in then proceeded to wait in the waiting room for about 30 minutes which wasn't that bad.
Finally they called my name and I was on my way to have those suckers removed from the old nose. But, as luck would have it the young whipper snapper of a surgeon advised the operation would require some skin grafting and maybe some plastic surgery. I knew it.... I was going to get that MJ nose after all. So.... I now have been rescheduled for a day surgery on August 19th 6am.
Will post an update after I get home. I did have to have several pre-op procedures done while there like an EKG, chest Xray, blood work and health history which I might add was real quick considering I had no appointments for this work. This facility is very nice and seems to be organized very well. You just can't believe the number of vets there that day literally hundreds.
After ll the test we returned to Canton and Sandy had to return to her mothers as yes she had to go to work the next morning.
I manned the booth by myself Thursday the 30th and Friday the 31st. It rained every night on those days. Our crowd was a typical August crowd.... non buyers. Sandy returned to Canton Friday night and I sure was glad to see her. Yes, particularly because she does a heck of a lot better job at running the booth than I do. I would make the sales pitch and some of the ladies would snicker and walk away. Glad I didn't have my MJ nose as no telling what they might have done. Anyway our August Canton was a bummer as we barley pulled out our expenses.
We returned to lone Star Sunday night as Sandy had to get up at 5am for going to her job. Looks like she will be able to put in her 10 to 12 hours per day this whole week without interruptions and rain. Were in the money!!! heehee
Also I've been doing the chores around the house while she is off doing the important stuff. I might add I had and accident the other day while cleaning the tile floors with water and vinegar....my cell phone fell into the bucket from my t-shirt pocket and yes it drowned.
Well stay tuned for more adventures with the....
MtnAire Travlers

No comments:

Post a Comment