BLOG SUPPORTERS

Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Do Believe Summer Has Returned-Fur Animals

It reached a high of 91F today. With all the rain we’ve had over the past few weeks you just would not believe the humidity. The fog was quite common for most part of the morning. A cold front is coming our way tonight that should bring more rain and cooler weather. I don’t believe Sandy will ever get to work again. I had good intentions of getting up on the roof today but it was so hot and humid I put it off. Sandy has always said I was The Great Procrastinator and my philosophy has always been put off today what you might can do tomorrow. Actually I would have got on the roof today and painted the sealer on the seams but the instructions says allow 48 hours to dry before getting wet. Our rain chances tonight through tomorrow is 80%.

I contacted the local Stewart-Stevenson dealer in Longview and got prices on the Castrol Transynd transmission fluid and the gold filter kit. It requires 5 gallons of Transynd at $41.43 per gallon and the Gold Filter kit $71.88 and their labor to change the fluid was $280.00…..ouch. That's $559.00 plus sales tax!! I discussed this with my BIL and he advised their was an excellent diesel and transmission guy in Dangerfield that would do it a lot cheaper. We contacted Mike and his labor was $35.00 and I provide the fluids and gold filter kit. Now that's a lot better. We will be looking at $314.03 plus sales tax. We will pick up the fluid and filters the next time we go to Longview and set up an appointment with Mike to change the fluids hopefully before we go to Canton toward the end of the month.

nurse doctor dogs

This is for Jim and Ellie at Justravelin http://justravelin.blogspot.com/ , They have two of the cutest Schnauzer fur kids Mr. Bo Jangles and Jasmine. I just can see them dressed up for Halloween. They would make an excellent nurse and doctor pair. Every time I see or I’m around Schnauzer’s it reminds me of the two we had. Misty was our first  and Holly the second. They both are in doggie heaven now and boy are they missed.

image

Misty (right) Holly (left)

I wrote a memorial about both dogs and someday I’ll post them for those who love their fur animals to read. Talk about a softie, I’m one who could not take their pet to the vet to have them euthanized. Sandy had to deal with this. Thanks to our dear friend, Dorothy Baker, drove Sandy to the vet. I don’t know why I got on this subject but there are so many fond memories I guess the Halloween photo brought them back.

Tonight is Part Two of Lonesome Dove can’t wait tell that time gets here.crop10

Until next time….MtnAire Travlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment