Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Long Day of Waiting

We were up at 6am for our trip into Longview to take Mom Alice to meet her new doctor, pickup my insulin at the Regional VA Office, drop by for a visit with her sister Pam and finally some earns with a quick stop at Wally World for some supplies. We picked her mom up at 7:30am and headed to the local Whataburger for our morning breakfast. We ordered three one half orders of (1) biscuits and sausage gravy. This was Mom Alice’s very first experience and taste of this meal. Let me tell you now she gobble it up and wanted to know if there was more. Even later that morning she mentioned several times she wish she had some biscuits and gravy. Sandy being the carrying one she is discouraged her from getting more. But, I’m willing to bet the next time we drop by a Whataburger this will be what she orders and it probably will be the full order (2 biscuits).

After breakfast we traveled over to VA to pickup my insulin. Checked in and was told to be seated and the pharmacists would be with me shortly. Five minutes go by then twenty and next Sandy comes in asking what's the hold up as her mothers doctor appointment was in 15 minutes. Back up to the desk I go with this dilemma and she said she would check. About five minutes later they call my name and said the pharmacists wasn't there right then and some one else would help me.Finally was able to pick it up and scooted out to the Jeep to continue our drive to Mom Alice’s doctor appointment at 9:45am. Got there dropped them off at the front door and drove to the parking garage. On more than finding a parking place Sandy calls and says they moved her mothers appointment out to 2pm.
I being the cool and collected dude that I am not said “What are we going to do for the next four hours”. Sandy said we could visit her sister Pam until that time gets here. I suggested before going there lets first drop my HP laptop off at the repair shop and get our supplies for groceries,  so we wouldn’t have to do that after we finished with the doctor visit. With those two chores out of the way we went to her sisters home. Visited till just after the lunch time and decided to go to Chic-Fil-a for lunch. Pam’s husband Mike would also join us. After lunch we stuck around visiting till about 1:30 pm and left for the doctor’s appointment.  Dropped them off at the front door and went to find a parking place and I waited in the Jeep.
About an hour goes by and no Mom Alice or Sandy. I then wondered if her cell phone is not working (Sandy dropped it on the pavement just as she got out the door) and they are walking the lot looking for me. I waited about another twenty minutes and could not take it any longer and called Sandy’s cell phone. Opps! she answered saying they had finished with the doctor and now were headed to the lab for blood work. They finally show up and before heading home back to her sister’s we go to pickup our groceries and my insulin.

!cid_1_714333161@web83715_mail_sp1_yahoo To shorten this up and put it out of it’s misery all I need to say is we finally got back to Lone Star around 5:30 pm and collapsed from exhaustion . What a long but eventful day!


Until next time….MtnAire Travlers.

1 comment:

  1. Whataburger and Chic-fil-a all in the same day. Sandy's mom will be trying to go with you guys all the time.

    Keep saving those quarters.