Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What A difference Two Hours Can Make In The Weather

Sandy and I were up early this morning 5:30 am. We could hear the pitter patter of rain drops on the roof. Boy, has the weatherman blew it . This was suppose to happen several days back not now. Within two hours however, the wind picked up out of the north and the sun popped out. Looks like its going to be a beautiful day. And… Beautiful it was. The wind had a bite to it but it was a great day for outside chores.
I first detailed the inside of the Jeep (boy… it really needed this) with carpet and vinyl cleaner. Cleaned the windows with a mix of peroxide/water using the new windshield wonder handle and microfiber bonnet. Not bad….it passed Sandy’s inspection. Afterwards I drove the Jeep over to the local do-it-yourself car wash where I gave it a good washing. I also washed and cleaned the engine compartment. Started to start the Klasse wax treatment but I will save this perhaps for tomorrow
Went upon the roof of the MH and found the cable from the Batwing antenna was a little loose from its plug. Pushed it in and now we get digital TV from Tyler and  Shreveport. I might add they are much clear and sharper than the analog signal we use to get from these same channels. Mike at Hayes RV said the Wingman attachment I mentioned in a previous post might improve the signal more. We will think about this before purchasing as right now the pictures are not that bad..

Sandy’s brother James invited us to lunch with him and his associate Wendell. We all piled into his truck and drove to the Wildflower Restaurant in Hugh Springs about 8 miles east of us. On our way we drove by a large lake that we could see 30-40 ducks on it. They were on the opposite side of the highway and we could not make out what kind they were. They had a buffet for $6.99 at the Wildflower with the choice of chicken strips, chicken fried steak, chicken pot pie, black eyed peas, mash potatoes, fresh carrots and all the salad trimmings. Way to much for a noon meal. But, I managed to put it down anyway. Fresh homemade peach cobbler for dessert topped our meal off. On the way back we drove by the lake with the ducks and for the most part they were mallards. Didn’t have the camera…. bummer.

I set in the old blue chair a little this evening could hear and at times see jets flying overhead  but on contrails this time. The sky while being crystal blue the air just wasn’t cold enough to allow the forming of contrails.

Until next time….MtnAire Travlers.


  1. We bought the windshield wand and bonnet, too -- but so far have used only water. What kind of mix do you make with the peroxide, 50/50?

  2. We have sun this morning and it is really going to be a nice day. Hope you have many more before the winter sets in...