BLOG SUPPORTERS

Friday, December 18, 2009

Trip To Houston To Visit Family

Woke up to colder temperature this morning. Its suppose to be even colder in the morning I believe around 29F. We are leaving in the morning to visit my family in the Houston area for about three days. I spent this afternoon getting the MH for travel. We were going to say at the same RV park we did last time but found out they were full. So, we have made plans to stay at another park that is further out from Houston. We have never stayed here so will have to give a review after we get there.

I spent most of the evening uninstalling Norton antivirus on Sandy’s laptop and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials that Rick wrote about in his September 30th journal. My big problem was I had to download a Norton removable tool to get rid of that particular software. The MSE went down without a bit of problem, so we now have a antivirus program that didn’t cost us a dime. “Now I like that” is what Rick said, we second the emotion.  Rick did a follow up on the MSE in his October 27th blog and this was what convinced me to try it on Sandy’s laptop. My subscription with Norton runs out in March 2010 and we may switch over to MSE.

I've been trying to install Windows Live Writer on Sandy’s Laptop and have failed both times. I wonder if it has something to do with the Windows XP operating system. Rick if you have ant suggestions I should try send them on down to Texas.

We will let Miss Gabby rest this time and will use Streets 2009 with GPS for our routing. I am anxious to see how that works. The screen on the laptop being larger than the Garmin will be a big plus for me especially.

We have everything ready to go except for the shore power cord and putting the Jeep into neutral. Our plans are to top off on diesel and propane at the Flying J off of Hwy 59 and Hwy 242 near New Caney TX. Depending on how things go, we may drop over to Round Rock TX to visit our son Tim who lives in Austin. When we go to that area we stay at the Old Settlers Assoc RV park and they do not take reservations. So, if we go we are taking a chance we will find somewhere to stay. We will stay there probably one night and leave for Canton on Christmas day.

Until next time….MtnAire Travlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment